|PROJECT TITLE:||We Can Change The World with Children|
|STAKEHOLDERS:||Nesrin Mehmed Abar Elementry School, Şehit İsa Karakaş Middle School, Şehit Öğretmen Hayri Kaya Middle School, Dr. Sadık Ahmet Elementry School, Zeytinli Köyü Elementry School|
|TARGET AUDIENCE||Gaziantep University students (Turkish and international students), students of the stakeholder schools|
|PROJECT PERIOD:||11.03.2019 – 30.04.2019|
|OBJECTIVE:||To increase inclusion by bringing together Turkish / International university and primary school students via different activities.|
|11.03.2019||First Meeting and Icebreaking Activity|
|18.03.2019||Playing Brain Teaser|
|09.04.2019||Discovering the World|
|22.04.2019||Visiting Jarablus (Syria)|
|25.04.2019, 26.04.2019, 27.04.2019||International Student Festival – Exhibition of Paintings
|29.04.2019||Visiting Gaziantep Zoo|
|OUTPUTS OF THE PROJECT:||– 4 different primary and secondary schools.
– 500 university students to attend the activities. Playing brain teaser with 50 elementary and middle school students.
– Reaching 50 students with 1 picture event.
– 40 elementary school students with university students to be taken to the zoo. Presenting the short film consisting of 1 activity in social media and related media.
– Opening of the exhibition on 1 International
– – Student Day.
* All students are Turkish / International students.
|DISSEMINATION CHANNELS:||Facebook: @peacemakersgaun
Web Site: http://peacemakers.gantep.edu.tr/
These activities included games that improve children’s social skills and abilities such as quick decision making, thinking the next step and calculating; painting and a follow-up exhibition; visiting the zoo; and cultural exchanges through conversations and dancing together. Through those conversations, the volunteering international students of GAUN (from several different countries e.g. Madagascar, India, Philippines, Egypt etc.) told children about their stories and countries, and shared with them examples of their cultural traditions, with an underlying message that although we all look different from each other, we are all human.